(photo taken by me! damn that Gabby is cute!)
The kids went back to school on Monday. Am I a terrible parent if I say that I am thrilled? That I’ve been counting down the days? That summer break is a long 3 months even though the kids were in camp most of it and we were fortunate enough to travel quite a bit?
I’m not even such a person that enjoys routine. But I do enjoy the routine of the kids going off the school at 8:15 every morning and being picked up at 3. I like knowing that Keith and I can be productive for those hours in between. We try and jam as much as we can into those 7+ hours.
Back to School is kind of like ringing in the New Year. It’s time for resolutions of what we are going to work harder on over the next few months. So here are my Back to School Resolutions for school year 2014-2015.
1. Exercise as often as our schedule allows. I was just out in our backyard spray painting Isabella’s new bed (that is another resolution…) and the flab under my arms was flabbing around. What the heck happened to my arms? It used to be the one – two I guess – body parts that I actually liked. Turning 45 – well let’s be honest I have been very neglectful for the past few years has caused my once trim shapely arms to turn into old lady arms. So Amenzone we go – every day at noon to have our a**es kicked either by the primal or the boxing class. No more excuses!
2. Redo the Girls Rooms. I have been promising Bella + Gabs this for years now. Somehow they went from having their own rooms, to sharing a room. Now they want their own rooms again – with updated furniture, bedding, etc. The pinning (love you Pinterest) began a few months ago, now we are slowly but surely putting it all together! Stay tuned for their after pics.
3. Go Back to School. Yes, I will be the 45 year old taking an intro to film photography class starting next Monday. Heading back after all these years to purse photography! So excited. A fellow photographer friend inspired me a few months ago about going back to school. I really want this and really can’t find any good excuses not to go for it. If she can do it – with four kids, working and doing it all, well than so can I!!! She inspired me to just do it. So I am. (Thank you Keith for all the support you give me)
4. Take our little Etsy business to the next level. My good friend Dianna and I have this adorable little Etsy Shop called Chasing Bliss Design. We feature handmade items for weddings and decor. And it is starting to really take off! Exciting.
5. Blogging with Purpose. Our blogs are such an important part of our business. For years I have wanted to have more purpose to my blogging. And come hell or highwater, I am going to do it.
I am feeling inspired and oh so happy. I love this time of year. I love my kids, love my husband and most of all love my life.
Gabby’s shirt says it all “I love being me”!